Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Heart Colorforms!


If your childhood was anything like mine, then you spent many a quiet hour being entertained by Colorforms play sets. I collect colorform sets as an adult and still buy them for my kids, it's a concept that never lost it's appeal to me.

That's why I can do nothing but rave about Mel Birnkrant's new website "The Colorforms Years" which is a wonderfully detailed insight into his year's working at Colorforms.


Mel takes the time to discuss each year with great detail, showing catalog and prototype images and even goes as far to identify the artists he worked with . As a person who spent years trying to track down people in the toy industry, it really is a treasure to have a person such as Mel, A fellow collector, sharing this wonderful information.



Whether you grew up in the 60s, 70s or 80s this site is so full of information and vibrant imagery you will be lulled into it for hours. Writing this blog entry took me all morning, it's just that good.

Click Here to visit the Colorforms Years and spread the word!

3 comments:

John III said...

I highly enjoyed these when I was a kid as well.

Jamie Ghione said...

John, me too

We get these at Home Goods where i work. When I saw some come in one day, I was surprised. I had not seen these things in so long!

rob! said...

Man, I had a crapload of these things. Amazing how many hours of entertainment I got out of little plastic strips.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin