Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ideal's Electroman promotion



I recently came across this Ideal piece demonstrating how much TV advertising they were putting into their Electroman toy. This came as a surprise to me, as Electroman was one of those "What the heck is this?" discoveries at a flea market for me.

I certainly remember Evel Knievel and JJ Armes commercials but I simply don't think I ever ran into the revolutionary electronic toy sensation of 1977....



Better shot of the store display, it's actually quite nice. Click on it for a bigger look.

More Ideal and Electroman

Evel Knievel Gallery. Ideal Star Team Catalog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My grandmother gave me one of these for Christmas of 77. He was so huge I always had to have him fight my six million dollar man and 12" megos as a bad guy.

Seventiesfan said...

A couple of years ago I managed to find an Electroman on Ebay for a good price. He still works very well. I'd love to get his opponent Zogg, but the few times I see him on Ebay the prices are incredibly high.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin